A Message Regarding COVID-19Posted
As many of you know, there continues to be tremendous unknowns surrounding COVID-19 and the rapid spread of the current Omicron variant. The recent increases in community spread in both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals and quarantining due to exposures for our employees is resulting in a limited workforce at Penn Waste. These circumstances may result in future service delays, unanticipated service interruptions, or unusually high call volumes.
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation daily and will send updates as necessary.
In order to protect our employees and reduce the spread of the virus, Penn Waste will be enforcing the following mandates:
- All trash must be bagged and tied. If you are in a municipality that has a mobile cart for collection, all trash must be placed in tied bags.
- All recyclable materials must be placed inside your recycling container(s). Flattened cardboard may be placed next to your recycle bin or cart.
- We will enforce the bag and/or cart limits as designated by your municipality.
Other best practices to limit exposure:
- Please limit your interactions with your waste and recycling teams when you see them in your neighborhoods.
- Consider utilizing our pay your bill function on our website, pay over the phone (717-767-4456) or mail in your payment to help limit face-to-face interaction with our team members.
All of the above actions are being put in place to help protect the health and safety of our team members. Please continue to check our website and social media pages for any further updates. We appreciate your help, understanding and patience as we all navigate these unprecedented times together.