Winter Weather RemindersPosted
Winter is officially here and we have some winter weather reminders to help keep our employees and you safe!
- Trash Bags — White trash bags blend in with the snow. If you have a darker colored trash bag that you could use or a trash can that you can place your bag in, it will make it easier for our employees to see ensuring that your trash gets collected.
- Access to Your Trash & Recycling — Please make sure there is a clear, safe path for our employees to access your trash and recycling.
- Bad Weather — Trash and recycling may not be collected at the exact time that it usually is due to poor weather conditions. Please visit pennwaste.com to sign up for e-news updates (scroll to the bottom of the homepage) and visit our website throughout the day for updates regarding your service. You can also find updates on our social media sites — www.facebook.com/pennwaste and www.twitter.com/pennwaste.
- Children — Safety is our number one priority. If you have children who are playing in the snow, please be mindful of them playing close to the streets as visibility may be impaired due to weather conditions.
- Slow Down Before You Go Around — If you are behind a trash or recycling truck, please make sure you slow down before you go around. Check for traffic coming in the opposite direction before going around the truck and make sure you look for our employees before trying to pass.
- Keep Your Eyes On the Road When Driving — Please do not text and drive or get absorbed with other distractions such as playing with the radio or fixing your makeup. You are putting yourself, others on the road and our employees at risk. Keep your eyes on the road at all times and give yourself some room between other vehicles when driving.
- Wind – Extreme wind conditions will knock your trash and recycling Toters over, scattering trash and recyclables on the street. Again, if your bins are not full, please consider holding them until next week. The Toters will fall over from the wind after they’ve been emptied.
no comments | Leave a Comment