Inclement Weather TipsPosted
With all of the inclement weather that our crews have been facing on a regular basis this winter, we wanted to let our customers in on some tips to help move the process along. Collections in inclement weather will take longer and crews may begin work as early as 5 or 6 am.
What you can do to help?
- In case of snow, consider using dark colored bags so they are visible against snow covered ground.
- Place all trash in securely tied, heavy-mil bags or in trash cans with tight fitting lids.
- Uncover and clear a path to all items.
- In cases of heavy snow accumulation, place items on top or in front of snow piles directly along the collection route, so they are easily accessible by collection crews.
- If snow or rain called for overnight, place items out in the morning for collection.
- In case of wind, rain or snow, if your recycling container is only partially filled, please consider holding any recyclables until the following week.
- Be sure all items are placed curbside by the designated time the day of collection. Times vary by municipality. To find out what time we begin in your municipality, visit http://www.pennwaste.com/for-your-home/municipalities/ and look for your municipality.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!