Happy Earth DayPosted
Happy Earth Day from your friends at Penn Waste!
While today is a great day to bring awareness to all of the great green activities and strategies to sustain our planet, it is important to remember that you can do your part every day of the year.
One of the best ways to do your part every day is to recycle via your curbside recycling program. Are you recycling every last item you can? Take a moment to check your municipality’s requirements if you are not sure.
Aside from recycling, there are many other ways to do your part to positively impact the environment. Here are some tips:
- Use products made with recycled materials.
- Use energy-efficient light bulbs and rechargeable batteries.
- Shop with cloth bags.
- Reuse plastic bags, cups, containers, etc.
- Repair items instead of throwing them away.
- Compost your food and yard waste.
- And many more Green Tips.
To stay up to date, be sure to check out our Facebook and Twitter pages for tips on recycling and collection updates! We also send recycling tips and collection updates through email if you sign up for our E-News Update!
Here is a great infographic that we would like to share with you by KarsRKids on the 97 year history of Earth Day and its founders.